Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Intimacy in a healthy relationships (Adult Content)

I just would like to pose a few questions. Do you think it is okay for one or a couple to not have sex in a romantically intimate relationship? How and why can it OR can it NOT work? If your partner does not satisfy you, do you go to other lengths to satisfy yourself, do you verbalize your feelings with your partner?

Here is my take on some of those questions, please feel free to share your opinion. I do not think it is okay to NOT have sex in a romantically intimate relationship unless it is a mutual decision. I believe sexually intimacy is a large part of that romantic intimacy. I believe that is a crucial indicator of how a couple connects. Now, that is not to say I do not think romantic couples exist with out sex. In fact, I know they do, it is just a matter of opinion that I believe sex is important. For example, I do not think it is okay for a one to stop having sex with their partner, wife or husband, etc because she/he has made a more serious commitment. It may sound crazy but trust me, people do it! They sex to get there partner and then once they feel like they have them, sex stops! That is WRONG, no matter how you put it. It seems as though people who do this are trying to control their relationships by with holding sex. Now when infidelity comes in the relationship, that is a completely different story. I had to mention that because I know that might come up.

Secondly, I think it is okay to talk to your partner if you are not satisfied sexually. Hell, you may not be satisfying them. But, it is important to be sensitive and respectful when having these discussions. All conversation about sexual satisfaction should be clear to be in regard to improvement NOT "bedroom bashing". With that in mind, I also see no problem utilizing unorthodox tools into the bedroom that may improve sex between your partner and you. Whether that be sex toys, role playing, fetishes, definitely exploring different positions, different places (other than the bed), light bondage. There is nothing wrong with a little hair pulling.

Whatever you do keep your partner involved. After all, that is why they are called your (part)ner :) That makes me think of this episode of  'In The Bedroom with Dr. Laura Berman', it comes on OWN, where a married woman claimed that her husband did not give her any pleasure. The only way she could be stimulated is with a laundry basket. Now...she would literally straddle the laundry basket and rub her clitoris against the laundry basket while having sex with her husband doggy style. Imagine how that made her husband feel? She wasn't keeping her partner involved. He did not even have to be there, honestly. But, I am interested to here what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and opinions are welcomed!!! Thank you for reading.