Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A little lite facebook drama

Good Morning All! I was not going to address this but I said, why not. A few days ago I posted a status on facebook that made some of my fb friends angry or uncomfortable. It is posted directly below in red.

Shessh everyone I know is having babies... o_O
Are these pregnancies planned? I know this is not really like me to pass judgement but damn. Maybe it is an adult rite of passage and I am not in on "it" yet. #thatsfine

March 17 at 12:57pm


It was not my intention to offend anyone. It just bothers me to see all these young women and men having babies, that 1) Can not afford a child/ children 2) Are quite immature 3) having babies for the wrong reasons (i.e babies are so cute, my cousin/sister had a baby, now I want a baby). And yes,  I am being judgemental here! Just so we are clear lol.


Listen, I understand that things happen. But these planned young, unwed pregnancies are out of control, in my opinion, to the point where people are always asking me "why don't you have a baby yet?" I mean, can I be focusing on my career? Can I get married and start a family. I have not even finished my education or found "myself". Maybe I want to travel without any strings attached. Is it wrong that I want to be selfish right now and better my selfish? I am a woman, I understand this but I do not appreciate being viewed as breeder or a mere baby vessel. Babies are beautiful and a blessing but do not push your views on me. This is the easiest way to get a sharp response.  To all the new parents, congratulations and best wishes. It is all love but I felt that I needed to address that.


I will close with my last fb status update:
I just got a nasty message in my fb inbox abt me baby status earlier today, and my reply to that comment is: I am not a conservative BUT what is wrong with people getting married, and then starting families? Nothing. I have many things I desire to accomplish before I begin bringing life into this world. It's my opinion-don't stone me for it. ♥
March 17 at 2:41pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and opinions are welcomed!!! Thank you for reading.