Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Debt Debt Debt. Habits.

From my experiences on this earth financial success is greatly affected by parents providing good examples for their children. Encouraging good financial habits goes such a long way. I didn't have that but I have friends whose parents have instilled wonderful monet handling habits and my friends who had that are so good with money. Let me let you in a little deeper into what I mean. I didn't really see my mom paying bills in a timely fashion so it's been something I've had to learn myself and honestly it's been a struggle. Property/car taxes, car maintenance, and bills. On the contrary, I learned responsibility early, I was paying bills with my mom and rent when I was 15. Even so, the budgeting piece was missing.
Now let me give you the parallel upbringing: a girl who was raised by parents who took pride in their bills being paid EARLY, and necessities being taken care of before satisfying any "wants". My friends family would be considered a middle class family but they are definitely (high) middle class family. They maintain their lifestyle very well and my friend, even though she is a student, is very comfortable and no where near struggling while still doing her shopping and normal spending. I say all this to say, its time to break bad habits and get it together!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and opinions are welcomed!!! Thank you for reading.