Thursday, February 23, 2012

Update: Galaxy Thirst!!!

So, this was the funniest, scariest, craziest shit, I've ever experienced. We pull up to the mall 11:03 pm and the mall parking lot is a zoo. At this point the police had the line taped off and were containing the crowd to the back of the mall. Mind you there were at least 2,000 people behind the yellow tape amidst the 200+ random wondering people in the parking lot, hiding behind, under, and in cars to avoid having to get in the long line. 11:45 pm and all you can hear is yelling and all of a sudden I see everyone running towards the door. I yelled to Brandon "run!!!" and that's what he did. There were at least 3 more incidents just like this, that followed. The crowd bum rushed the doors and almost pried the doors open. At this moment I'm was at arm's distance away from the door. Then I felt my face burning, I had been pepper sprayed! I was choking and everything! Brandon and I were split up and he got inside the mall somehow. Just when he called me to tell me the line inside the mall is ridiculous, the head of mall security was telling me they were going to shut the release down, until further notice, and police were instructing everyone to leave the property. He claimed, that they would do a lottery instead of a store release and for us to look in the newspaper for details. We weren't just going to leave though. We had word from the store manager that not only had he not heard anything from Nike about canceling, he still planned to be there at 7 am to sell the foams,and to stay put. Listen, we knew the shoe was still releasing and we were damn sure going to try to get it. I need an official cancelation. Lol.

Around 2:15 am I was reading updates of stores that have canceled today's releases. Of course the updates didn't mention NC. They were referring to some MD, CA, and FL locations.

So we started looking for other hiding
spots. We moved around to the front of the mall, at first no one was there buy then to many people started migrating that way so the police eventually caught on and asked us to leave. Then we moved to a gas station parking lot, which was good but there were to many people in that small confined area, for my comfort. Next, we thought about the McDonald's behind the mall. We got there, it was packed too. We then moved to this desolate, with a good view, fenced area- that clearly posted DO NOT ENTER ( private property), the cops were on their way in, so we expeditiously got the heck out of there and parked in our normal spot. That's when I got the official text about the cancellation. The store was sending all the releases back.

It's 3:45 am. Just got the confirmation from, my friend, a store employee letting me know the release was canceled. Time to head home. My last words were...

"Oh, so we can't get no all star joints either "

All in all, it was fun. Even though we didn't get the shoes.
Releases were canceled all over the nation in safety precautions.
There was actually an incident in Orlando where shots were allegedly, fired in the air. So that was release was immediately shut down.

Lata loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and opinions are welcomed!!! Thank you for reading.