Friday, March 2, 2012

The Sanctity of Marriage and all that BS

So a conversation with a close and dear loved one prompted this post. I have also discussed this matter with my some of my closest girlfriends. I am not sure when marriage lost its sanctity, or if it ever had any but one thing is for sure, people no longer honor marriage as a monogamous bond between two people or have any problems walking away, when a marriage gets tough. I do not mean to be judgmental but I can not help it, at times, I am human. 


When I say "I do" to someone, I feel like I should be able to say they are the last person I want to be with for the rest of my life. The last person I want to wake up to, have sex with, have children and share life with. I do not even think that is a part of the proposal or acceptance deciding factors these days, and that makes me sad. I know many people who have felt pressured to marry, because "it's the right thing to do", or because there was no other choice in their current situations.


 I am no expert but I am pretty sure that is the fastest way to resentment lane with your partner. Marriage should ideally be because you can not imagine life without your partner.If there is any doubt that your heart is not in it or you are not ready to have sex and wake up to everyday, have children, etc with, you do not need to get married, yet. That does not mean you have to break it off with your significant other but be honest with yourself, it saves a shit load of hurt feelings, in the long run.


The same reason people aren't honest with themselves, I assume, is the same reason people walk away from their marriages so quickly. At least it appears to be with ease. It seems like no one fights for their relationships and marriages anymore. Now, by no means am I telling you to stay in something that is not good for you. I do not condone abuse,  lying, and cheating but people make mistakes. We were not designed with perfection in mind. Love is definitely not perfect, and marriage is no exception. Work through the hard shit guys. Act like it's worth it. 




xoxo
Bambi



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and opinions are welcomed!!! Thank you for reading.