Tuesday, June 10, 2014

It's About Time For An Update: 21 DAY JUICE FAST

Hey guys!

I'm going to just jump right in...

Saturday June 7th (Day One)

I had 3 green juices and 2 all fruit juices.I drank water all day. The cravings were relentless. I wanted SUGAR more than anything; bread, candy, cakes. You name it I wanted it. I did have a headache for a couple hours and I did sleep most of the day. I'm not going to even sugar coat it, it was tough!

Sunday June 8th (Day Two)

I had 2 green juices, one all fruit juice and one carrot and apple juice. Day Two morning was better, around noon I felt tired, and I did take a nap. It has been said that when that tired feeling comes, you should drink another juice but instead I did go to sleep, because I felt so full from my morning juice. I drank plenty of water. When I woke up from my nap, I was still a bit tired and groggy, I drank a green juice and I was bouncing off the walls, cleaning the kitchen 5 mins later. The juices gave me amazing energy.

Monday June 9th (Day Three)
My first day back in the office while trying to fast and it was my bosses birthday, so she bought in doughnuts (*womp womp*) and we surprised her with her favorite cheesecake (Banana Cream Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory) it seriously was the most tortuous thing I have ever dealt with, lol.  Watching everyone eat while I drank. Nevertheless I made it through! A few hours later I spoke with a RN at my doctor's office who called to discuss my lab results from a recent physical. I advised her of my juice fasting, initially she was excited but that excitement soon turned to concern, so concerned that she  as she consulted my doctor. To make a long story short, my doctor advised me NOT to juice fast, mainly because I have a disorder called Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome, which is a hormonal disorder. Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is a common disorder that has many symptoms and factors. One of the major factors of the disorder/disease is insulin resistance. 

My doctor is concerned that only drinking juices might confuse my body by creating extreme spikes in my insulin, and cause more harm than good. There is no doubt that juicing is definitely a healthy addition to any diet (diet meaning what you eat, not to be confused with "fad dieting") and instead suggested I use juicing as a supplement. So I will be eating 2 solid meals a day and drinking juice 2x a day for the rest of the 21 days. I should have checked with my doctor before embarking on my fast, with that being said, please consult your physician if you have any health concerns and want to do a juice fast.

I still plan on updating you guys and posting pics of my juices and recipes.



Red Juice:Beets, Carrots, Apples, and Ginger Root &
 Simply Green :Spinach, Apples, oranges, Lemon, Ginger Root, & Celery

 Juice prepping


Carrot & Apple Juice


Prepping for Mean Green Juice

Strawberry, Blueberry, & Pineapple Juice

Mean Green Juice:                            
 2 med apples (I used green)           
4 stalk of Celery
1 cucumber
1 inch of ginger root
6 Kale Leaves
1/2 lemon
1/2-1 cup pineapple (great addition for beginners)

Simply Green Juice:
3 handfuls of Spinach
2 celery stalks
1 orange
2 apples
1/2 lemon
1 inch of ginger root

Carrot & Apple Juice:
5 carrots
2 apples
you can add spinach to give you some green

Strawberry,Blueberry, & Pineapple juice:
12 strawberries
2 cups of blueberries

Beets, Carrots, Apples, and Ginger Root:
2 apples
2 beets
3 carrots
inch ginger root


As you start juicing you will realize there are countless combinations of fruits and vegetables, which is great because whatever you like, you can combine. Remember, many vegetables and especially fruits are high in sugar, so be careful not to counteract all your good intentions with sugar.

Have a great day guys!
xoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and opinions are welcomed!!! Thank you for reading.