Sunday, April 3, 2011

CrAzY cOiLs

This is my first attempt at coilng my hair. My hair type is a natural 3C (and my curls are a bit larger than the circumference of a pencil). I used two different products on each side to compare the hold, structure, and moisture of the style.

                                                         DRY COILS


The left side is Kinky Curly Curling Custard. The right side is Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie. I can tell a dramatic difference in the two sides. The KCCC side is very controlled, soft, and defined. The SMCS is soft but it is not very defined, or controlled- it actually looks alot like my everyday wash and go, so for this particular hair style I would use the KCCC in additon to the curl smoothie.

What I did:            
                                           WET COILS
  • Co- Wash (with Tresemme' Naturals Conditioner)
  • You may want to deep conditioner, just so the hair can be very soft (optional).
  • Applied leave in to full head, and separated air into four clips.
  • Applied a soft hold styling agent to each section right before twisting it.
  • I keep a water bottle close by, just in case I need dampen my hair.
  • Take desired amount of hair for each coil from each section.I start twisting at the root, then I curled the hair around my finger and held it there for a 7-40 secs (depending on how loose your curl pattern is)
  • When hair is dry, you can leave hair tightly coiled, or separate coils with oil.
  • You can seperate while the hair is wet but my hair gets really frizzy and I try not to touch it, when I dont have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and opinions are welcomed!!! Thank you for reading.