Sunday, April 17, 2011

J. COLE( I just could not help myself)

Everyone who knows me, knows that I love me some Jay-Z. He is my favorite rapper.


 Since being introduced to him at a Jay-Z concert two years ago I've been digging his protege', J.Cole. But recently, I have gotten REALLY into J. Cole. Ive been listening to his mixtapes and I am in love with his style, his word play is so clever, his rhymes just...I just love him. I had to make write a seperate post abt Jermaine, I am loving his grit and his hunger. Yet he remains himself. He is not trying to be something he is not. I admire and relate to him because he went to school and still pursued his dreams. The boy has talent. I mean of course, HOV not signing no BS. A few mixtapes later he's still working hard.


 All I can think about is him featuring on Jay's tour when no one really knew who J. Cole, really was. Jay put him on the tickets! That was a big move. When I heard his verse to "A Star is Born" I was like, yeah...he is gonna be a problem. Real Music keeps me hype. He is so real."Go hard like I seen some nipples on Beyonce, no disrespect to HOV but if I didn't I'd be beyond gay, almost erase them lines but in the end I chose to keep b/c if I did, I really mean it" lyrics from Cole's 'I Really Mean It'  on The Come Up mixtape. I could listen to  him for hours and there are not many artists I can say that about. He has a great voice and something to say.
 He is painting portraits and that is what I live for. Music that makes one feel good to the core can always stand the test of time and I believe J. Cole is here to stay, especially with Jay-Z's guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and opinions are welcomed!!! Thank you for reading.