Friday, April 22, 2011

SEXTING (Adult Content)

So this has become a big deal lately. People everywhere use their mobile devices as a form of communication with others. Cell phones are becoming more and more a part of everyones daily social interaction, and sexual interaction is not excluded from these daily interactions. "Sexting" is the act of sending explicit pictures or messages between cell phones. Although this seems very funny, it can and has gotten out of control. Obviously, usually a consenting individual sends explicit messages and pictures of their self BUT usually with the intention of only being seen by one person. Of course it is almost impossible to control someone showing pictures to their friends or buddies, once the image in their possession. This is exactly what has happened in the past with many teens AND adults, leading to lawsuits, suicides, and hurt feelings/reputations. I am not going to be self righteous or naive. My only advice is BE CAREFUL!




Now, that leads me into my next topic. It seems like now when you meet someone, even if you are just casually talking, the odds of them asking for an explicit picture are fairly great. This just happened to me. I know this may seem crazy, crude, and disgusting to many- but it is reality. I do not think it has anything to do with what type of girl or guy you are, or how much self respect one has for themselves because people share sexy pictures and messages everyday that have pride and respect for themselves. You may be surprised by this but I am not against these actions. It all depends on the circumstance. I feel there is a difference in a long term couple or even a married couple sexting versus a couple of teenagers dating for a few weeks and sending each other pics of their genitals. I am not condoning young people sexting. I think there is age appropriate activity for almost everything, sexting is not exempt, so....that is where I will leave my opinion on that. 


If you are a parent, talk to your kids about sex. Do not be to ashamed. If your a teen or an adult and you sext, think smart & be careful! I know I probably did not say what I "should" have said or what would be expected of me on this sensitive topic BUT this was a real life post. I compare sexting or not sexting to the message of being abstinent or safe sex (condoms and birth control). The reality is people are going to sext, the precaution taken is what is important. Now, the next conversation should be what precautions can one take when sexting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and opinions are welcomed!!! Thank you for reading.