Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A HAIR PROMISE

In February 2011 I cut my hair into a A- line bob with a few longer pieces in the front. Since then I have snipped pieces of my hair that appeared damaged. At the end of this month, I will be getting my hair evened up to start my new goal and promise. I promise not to cut my hair  anymore, at all in 2011. Of course I will get trims when needed, but not to often maybe three times this year. I am going to start doing length checks each month to see how long it is growing. No coloring, unless it is henna but I have not had a color urge in quite some time.

I also promise to use very minimal heat on my hair. If I get it straighted, it will be at most twice a month (professionally or at home), and there will be protein treatments used before and after as well as heat protectants used. If I diffuse my curls I will continue to use low heat, low speed- but I will start applying a heat protectant when I do that too.

I have been washing my hair every 1-2 weeks,  co- washing maybe 2X a week, and deep conditioning every week. I am in the process of making a homemade deep conditioner- I will be trying my homemade deep conditioner (HMDC) this week, so I will let you know how that goes.

I know I will struggle in this promise because I get bored quickly and love to do different things with my hair but I will have to fight the urges and just try different natural styles or maybe even weaves. Who knows?

I will be setting goals for myself as I continue in my journey, feel free to join me.  I will measure my hair after getting it evened up. I will let you know how long my hair is to begin with. My first goal is 16'' hair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and opinions are welcomed!!! Thank you for reading.