Friday, April 22, 2011

Jay Electronica

I was laying on my brother's couch last summer on a Sunday afternoon, surrounded by friends. As usual we were watching Sucker Free Sunday. All of a sudden this video comes on, of an artist I had heard before but never paid too much attention to- Jay Electronica and the video was 'Exhibit C'. I sat up on the couch and my mouth dropped. I was so impressed by Electronica's flow and the rest of my friends were just as excited. The first thing I thought is 'where is this guy from?' He had his own style. So much, that I could not just put him in a box and guess what region he was from. Turns out he was from the south, New Orleans to be exact-which I thought was very cool. The simple fact was that he was nice. 'Exhibit C' peaked my interest in him, so I began listening to anything with his name on it. I was never disappointed. Jay Electronica is a true MC and I prayed that he would not be looked over and would get a solid deal.


 Well, my prayers were miraculously answered! Electronica announced that he was signed to Jay-Z's Roc Nation label in November of 2010. This was huge because everyone in the music business wanted to know Electronica's next move, and it was with Jay-Z. Good Move Jay Electronica!


It looks like Jay-Z is gonna have a new generation "dynasty", (AGAIN). With artists like Willow Smith, , Jay Electronica, J. Cole, and Rita Ora to name a few & Managing Wale, Santiago, Melanie Fiona, The Ting Tings and Rihanna to name a few. I am excited about the future of Roc Nation, I think it is very promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and opinions are welcomed!!! Thank you for reading.