Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Relationships 101-01: The Habitual Cheater/Liar

A female just contacted me saying I have been talking to her boyfriend. First of all, we were not "talking", I had two brief conversations with him but for purposes of keeping our(the female and I) conversation brief I just told her, I did not know and I apologized. Then she told me that  he (her boyfriend) always does this. I told her, he did strike me as the type to be grimy. She says she does not know what to do anymore, and she feels helpless. So I simply told her,If you want different outcomes, you have to have different actions. I am a living testimony of that truth...you doing the same thing and expect change? Nah, it isn't going to happen.
I have dealt with lies, cheating, "girl" friends (he has 5 male friends, and 100 female friends -_-), ex-girlfriend drama, having to get STD check ups (more than average) just to give yourself peace of mind. But I have decided moving forward, I will never deal with that kind of mess again. It is emotionally draining. Fighting so hard for a relationship and being cheated on or lied to can be extremley detrimental. Everyone makes mistakes or has done something we are not proud of but, we are all human. I am not free of faults & wrong doings myself but I will not be mistreated or lied to, by anyone.

 I can not stand a liar. I can work through other misjudgements but once you start lying, I lose respect for you, and especially lose any trust I have given you. 

When we get cheated on, sometimes we feel like we can not go on...but the truth is, YOU CAN. And if you play your cards right, you can, not only go on but, go on in contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and opinions are welcomed!!! Thank you for reading.